We offer a complete weight loss program, including endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty (ESG), laparoscopic sleeve gastrectomy, laparoscopic gastric bypass (Roux enY, omega loop, mini, single anastomosis), gastric banding and revisional surgery
In most cases this operation is Keyhole surgery or no incision.
Hospital stay is usually from 1 to 3 nights. Return to normal activities in about 2 weeks for laparoscopic surgery or less than 1 week for endoscopic therapy
Who can have weight loss surgery?
If you are considering surgery it is worth looking over the list below to determine your eligibility.
In most cases the operation is possible
- If you are aged over 18 years
- If you need to lose a significant amount of weight, typically more than 15KG
- If you are willing to adopt a healthy lifestyle and eating habits
- If you are willing to participate in regular follow up and monitoring visits
How it works
The procedure involves
- Your metabolism is reset to be comfortable at a lower stable weight
- Hunger is reduced
- You will feel full after a small amount of food
There can be serious or lethal complications from any operation. Less serious complications can occur some years post operatively, repeat operations can be required.
At present this operation is available only in the Private Hospital system. If you have private insurance, out of pocket expenses will be at least $3000. If you do not have insurance, the cost will be at least $18000.